FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a woman accidentally locked herself out of the house.
There were safety fears as the cooker had been left on in the property in London Road, North End, Portsmouth.
A crew from Cosham fire station went to help at about 4.10pm yesterday.
They gained access to the house by 5pm and no fire had started.
Firefighter Kevin Lloyd-Spencer, watch manager at Cosham, explained that the fire service would not normally go out to people locked out of their homes.
He said: ‘It’s purely if there could be a possibility of fire, then we would gain access for people.’
Firefighters were also called to Milton House, Milton Road, Milton, yesterday at about 2.55pm. A man had locked himself in the toilet and was freed by the crew.