Fire alert at Fareham flat

Share this article
A main road has been closed off after a suspected bomb was found

COUNTY: Urgent police hunt begins after raiders steal shotguns

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS discovered a flat full of smoke was caused by the a burnt out pot in the property below.

The tenant of the flat, in Arras House, Nashe Way, Fareham, arrived home at 1.45am today to be met by a strong smell of burning and smoke, but he could not find the source.

Firefighters were called and the crew, from Fareham, realised it was coming through the ventilation system from the flat below.

They had to wake the neighbour, who was still asleep despite his home being full of smoke.

He had been cooking on the stove when he dropped off and the pot had burnt out. Fortunately the fire had not spread but officers had to use fans to get rid of the smoke in the property.

No one was injured.