Fire at Canoe Lake

Portchester Crematorium

Work set to start this summer on upgrade to Portchester Crematorium

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after smoke was spotted coming out of a baby changing facility at Canoe Lake, Southsea.

When Southsea fire crews arrived at the scene they discovered that a bin attached to a wall inside the building was on fire.

Firefighters believe the fire may have been caused by two cigarette butts which they found in the bin with a small amount of paper.

No-one was in the building at the time of the incident at 7.45pm on Thursday.