Fire at West Sussex squat building

Portsmouth students’ union speaks out over University of Portsmouth’s £800,000 rebrand

Have your say

THREE people had to escape a burning building in Chichester.

A fire broke out in the ground floor of the derelict property in Winden Avenue.

Two men and a woman, who were believed to be squatting in the building, had to be treated for smoke inhalation when emergency services arrived at about 8.50pm last Friday.

Firefighters from Chichester and Bognor stations used breathing apparatus and spent half an hour tackling the fire.

The cause of the blaze was accidental.