Fire breaks out in Bedhampton home’s chimney

At risk? Type 26 frigates

Defence commitee voices concerns over MoD’s ability to save £7bn

0
Have your say

A FIRE broke out in a chimney flue after a piece of insulation caught alight.

Firefighters were called to the home in Scratchface Lane, Bedhampton, at 9pm on Saturday.

The fire was put out by the time the crew from Havant arrived, and none of the house’s occupants were injured.

Firefighters made the scene safe and left the incident 30 minutes later.

Crews say they would like to remind all homeowners with a live fire to keep their chimneys properly maintained and regularly cleaned throughout the year.