Fire forces evacuation at Butlins Holiday Resort in Bognor

An entertainment building was evacuated after yesterday's fire
An entertainment building was evacuated after yesterday's fire
0
Have your say

A BUILDING had to be evacuated at Butlins Holiday Resort after a fire broke out in the roof.

The fire service was called to reports of the smell of fire in a public entertainment building at the Bognor Regis complex shortly after 4pm yesterday.

People were evacuated and officers found a small fire in a lighting transformer in the roof space at the centre, a popular destination for visitors from across the Portsmouth area.

The electrics were isolated by an on-site electrician while firefighters inspected the area using thermal imaging cameras to confirm the blaze was out.

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service confirmed the fire had started accidentally and said there was slight smoke logging in the roof space affected.