Fire in kitchen at flats block

One of the new Class 707 trains at London Waterloo. Picture: South Western Railway PPP-180313-105841001

Delays on trains after track circuit failure

0
Have your say

TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out in a third-floor flat.

Crews from Southsea station were called to the property in St Andrew’s Road, Southsea, at 8.30pm on Saturday.

It is believed the fire started in the kitchen and may have been caused by a chip pan.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said a man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

South Central Ambulance Service NHS Trust also attended.