FIREFIGHTERS were called out after a blaze spread from bins at a high-rise block of flats.
Five trucks from Cosham and Southsea were called to the incident at Leamington House, in Earlsdon Street, Southsea, at 9pm on Friday.
Crews discovered the fire had started in a communal bin area.
No-one was hurt or evacuated from the building.
A hose reel was used to put out the flames and smoke was let out through windows. Southsea crew manager Paul Grant said: ‘We used natural ventilation to clear the smoke.’