Fire starts at house

One of the  more unusual rafts competing in the race was this Volkswagen Beetle

THIS WEEK IN 1975: ‘Water-beetle’ seen on Southsea beach

0
Have your say

A BLAZE started in the first floor of a house being worked on.

Smoke was billowing from a first-floor bedroom of the house in Frances Road, Purbrook.

It broke out at 4.55pm yesterday.

Firefighters from Cosham managed to clear the smoke by 5.10pm.

It is not known how the fire was started or if anyone was injured in the incident.