Fire takes hold in chimney

Share this article
Jon Venables pictured after his arrest in 1992

Thousands back Waterlooville gran’s plea to jail James Bulger’s killer for life

0
Have your say

A BUCKET of water was all it took for firefighters to put out a chimney blaze.

A crew from Fareham fire station was called out at to the fire, which had taken hold in a chimney, at around 9.10am on Monday.

No one was injured in the incident in Woodcote Lane, Peel Common, Gosport.

Firefighters swiftly put out the blaze but reminded people of the importance of sweeping their chimneys regularly and of using fire guards.