Fire was caused by candle

Pte Tom Canwell from Portsmouth, on alert against enemy attacks during war games in Germany

Army battalion face a tough battle in German war game

0
Have your say

GOSPORT fire crews were called out to a home after a candle was left burning unattended.

The call-out came at 4.30pm yesterday to Cobden Street.

The unattended flame had been knocked over and set paperwork alight.

The owner of the home, who called the fire brigade, managed to put out the flame with a wet tea cloth.

No one was injured in the incident.