Firefighters called after electric heater catches fire in Portsmouth house

Share this article
Pte Tom Canwell from Portsmouth, on alert against 'enemy attacks during war games in Germany

Army battalion face a tough battle in German war game

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called out after an electric heater caught fire at a house in North End, Portsmouth.

The incident in Gladys Avenue happened at about 6.45pm yesterday.

When firefighters arrived at the house, which belonged to a foreign couple who had two children under five, they discovered the heater had burned a hole in the carpet.

Crews made sure the couple’s fire alarms were in working order and gave them some fire safety tips and advice about using electric heaters before leaving the property about 15 minutes later.

No-one was injured.