Firefighters called to Buckland kitchen fire

FIREFIGHTERS put out a property blaze at Buckland this evening.

Saturday, 15th July 2017, 12:29 am
Updated Tuesday, 12th September 2017, 11:16 am
Everyone was evacuated safely

Personnel from Southsea Fire Station have extinguished a small house fire started by an electric grill.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The crew were called to the George Street blaze at 9.41pm – using one hose reel and a ventilator to put out the flames.

Everyone was safely evacuated from the two-storey property, which was not said to be severely damaged in the incident, originating in its kitchen.