Firefighters called out to faulty ovens

The bomb squad dealing with a suspicious item in Stanhope Road

Police say man arrested after ‘suspicious object’ found in Stanhope Road student halls in Portsmouth is held under the Explosives Act

0
Have your say

FAULTY ovens resulted in two flat fires and call-outs for the fire service.

Firefighters were called to a fire at 7.45pm on Saturday, after a faulty electric oven caught fire.

Residents of five flats in Waverley Road, Southsea, were evacuated while the fire on the first floor was put out.

Later that evening at 9.45pm, firefighters were called to a flat in Cumberland Street, Portsea, after an isolator socket for an oven caught light on the fourth floor.

Firefighters reminded people of the importance of having working smoke detectors.