Firefighters called to Buckland kitchen fire

Everyone was evacuated safely
Everyone was evacuated safely
Portchester Crematorium

Work set to start this summer on upgrade to Portchester Crematorium

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS put out a property blaze at Buckland this evening.

Personnel from Southsea Fire Station have extinguished a small house fire started by an electric grill.

The crew were called to the George Street blaze at 9.41pm – using one hose reel and a ventilator to put out the flames.

Everyone was safely evacuated from the two-storey property, which was not said to be severely damaged in the incident, originating in its kitchen.