Firefighters called to Gosport school

Headteacher  Colin Rainford and pupils celebrate a good Ofsted report at Hayling College     Picture: Chris Moorhouse

‘Absolute delight’ as Hayling College secures ‘good’ Ofsted grade

Have your say

SMOKE seen coming from a secondary school was caused by controlled burning in the grounds.

A member of the public saw the smoke coming from Bay House School in Gomer Lane, Gosport and called the fire service yesterday morning.

Crews from Gosport Fire Station attended the scene at 9.20am.

When they got there they found that controlled burning of garden waste was taking place in the garden.

No action was taken by the firefighters.