Firefighters rush to Southsea blaze

A boiler has caught fire at a home in Southsea.

Sunday, 15th January 2017, 12:11 am
Updated Sunday, 15th January 2017, 8:07 am
Firefighters tackling the blaze in Bramble Road, Southsea.

Two tenders from Southsea went this evening to a house at the junction of Talbot Road and Bramble Road.

Firefighters were called at 11.44pm to the fire, which was contained to the boiler in the house, causing smoke damage.

Watch manager Jason Boh said two breathing apparatus were used to tackle the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

'We were called to a domestic fire and upon arrival we established that the fire was in the boiler on the ground floor of the property,' he said.

'We utilised two breathing apparatus with a hose reel and extinguished the fire quite quickly.'