Firemen clear smoke at Meridian Centre

Share this article
Police in Middle Street, Portsmouth, over the weekend.

Attempt murder probe: second man arrested

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS tackled smoke at the Meridian Centre in Havant this morning.

The crew, from Havant, were alerted by an automatic fire alarm at The Meridian Centre, West Street, which went off at 4.10am.

They found the compressor room full of smoke caused by a hot oil pipe.

It took just under two hours to clear the room of smoke. It had not spread to any other parts of the shopping centre.