Freezer starts fire

The Last Post is sounded    Picture: Keith Woodland

Navy pays tribute to sailors who lost their lives in Fareham base bombing

0
Have your say

A FIRE started in the garage of a home in Havant after a freezer overheated.

Fire crews were called to Hornbeam Road, Denvilles, at 12.30am yesterday.

Nobody was hurt, but a Hampshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said severe damage was done to items in the garage. The young couple who live in the house had a smoke detector, but its batteries had been removed.