Garage nearly burnt out after electrical fault at Fareham home – but homeowners are back inside the house

A GARAGE was almost completely burned out at a home in Fareham this morning, after what is believed to be an electrical fault.

Firefighters were called to Vixen Close after a garage caught fire.

Firefighters were called to the scene this morning. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

Nobody was in the house when the fire broke out – but the homeowners were allowed back inside the property when they returned.

A spokesman from Fareham Fire Station said: ‘It was a small fire in a garage in Vixen Close, which we were called to at around 9.20am.

‘We believe that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.

‘Nobody was in the property at the time and we handed it back to the homeowners at the end.

Firefighters were called to the scene this morning. Picture: Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service

‘The damage was contained to the garage itself by our two pumps.’

More from News