Girl, 11, suffers burns after game with '˜hairspray can and lighter' during Havant sleepover

A GIRL suffered burns to her legs after playing with a tin of hairspray and a lighter during a sleepover.

Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 7:54 am
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 5:14 pm

The 11-year-old was messing about with her friend in the bedroom of a house in Plaitford Grove, Havant, at 9.40pm last night when the bed caught fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The girl’s father woke up and rang 999 before throwing a bucket of water onto the mattress.

He then led them both to safety outside before waiting for firefighters to arrive.

The 11-year-old suffered burns to her legs which needed treatment by paramedics at the scene.