Gosport chimney blaze sparks alert

Share this article
Police are investigating

‘Steering with his knees’ – Driver caught with ‘mobile phone in each hand’

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a home after a neighbour saw flames coming out of the chimney.

The chimney at the house in St Ann’s Crescent, Gosport, caught fire due to a build-up of soot.

Neighbours called the fire brigade at 4.10pm on Friday, and they spent two hours at the scene.

No-one was injured.

Firefighters reminded people how important it is to have their chimney regularly cleaned and properly maintained.