Grill pan sparks fire in Portsmouth flat prompting emergency call outÂ

TWO fire crews were called to a small kitchen blaze at a flat on Saturday.

Sunday, 11th November 2018, 3:40 pm
Updated Monday, 12th November 2018, 8:53 pm
Firefighters from Southsea attended the incident

Firefighters from Southsea were dispatched to an address along Eastern Road shortly before 12.30pm.

On arrival, crews were met with a minor fire in the grill pan of a cooker.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze and provided safety tips to the residents before leaving.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokeswoman from Southsea fire station added that nobody was hurt and no major damage was caused to the property during the incident.

Officers spent about 20 minutes at the scene before being stood down and returning to the fire station, she added.