Halogen lamp burst into flames at Portsmouth homeÂ

FIREFIGHTERS were called to put out a blaze in a Southsea lounge.

Monday, 31st December 2018, 2:06 pm
Updated Thursday, 10th January 2019, 11:19 am
Fire services were called to the scene

It came after a halogen lamp burst into flames at a property in Chestnut Avenue in Southsea on Saturday. 

Units from stations at Southsea and Portchester were both called to the scene just after 4.30pm. 

However, their pumps were not needed and a spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was extinguished using '˜domestic means'. 

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Fire services were called to the scene

One resident was treated for smoke inhalation by paramedics and a stop message was issued at 5pm.