PEOPLE are being asked to come forward and donate blood in the run-up to the Olympics.
The latest sessions for people to donate blood have been announced by NHS Blood and Transplant.
The Department of Health says the number of donors drops during sporting events.
And so a reminder is being put out to make sure people continue to donate.
Dates, locations and times for the next sessions are as follows:
· Tuesday, July 17, St Swithun’s Church, Waverley Road, Southsea, from 1.30pm to 3.25pm and 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
· Thursday, July 19, St James’ Hospital, Locksway Road, Milton, Portsmouth, from 10.30pm to 1pm and 2.30pm to 5pm.
· Friday, July 20, Cosham Community Centre, Wootton Street, Cosham, from 1.30pm to 3.25pm and 4.30pm and 7.30pm.
· Tuesday, July 24, Lee Community Association, Twyford Drive, Lee-on-the-Solent, from 1.30pm to 3.25pm and 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
· Thursday, July 26, Crofton Community Centre, Stubbington Lane, Stubbington, from 1.30pm to 3.25pm and 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
To find out more about donating blood, call 0300 123 23 23.
Or for more information go to blood.co.uk