Heated oil sparks call out for Havant firefighters

Police outside student accommodation in Stanhope Road, Portsmouth on Friday Picture Ben Fishwick

Man arrested in Portsmouth explosives probe at Stanhope Road student block is released by police

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were sent to an overheated car last night.

Havant fire station sent one appliance to the vehicle in Asda, Havant.

It happened in the superstore’s car park at around 9.30pm.

Overheated oil had caused the car to emit smoke but the crew were not needed.

The crew returned back to the station 15 minutes later.

Earlier in the evening one appliance from Havant was sent to a Doyle House, in Mitchell Road, Bedhampton, after a faulty automatic fire alarm went off at 6.15pm.