'˜I was on the site of Nice massacre 24 hours before'
TOURIST Robbie Coulter says he feels lucky to be alive after being at the site of the Nice massacre only hours before.
It’s the second time he’s been close to a terror attack.
The 37-year-old was in Paris when the Charlie Hebdo atrocity was carried out last year.
Robbie arrived in Nice on Monday for a short break before flying back to England on Thursday at around 5pm, hours before a suspected Isil fanatic killed 84 people by driving a truck into them.
He had visited the Promenade des Anglais on Wednesday evening at 10.30pm, as well as on the day he left.
Robbie, of Southsea, who is now back home, described how he was feeling after hearing about the attack.
He said: ‘I feel lucky to be alive, but my feelings are more towards the people who were not so lucky and my thoughts are with all those in Nice.
‘I was at the same spot literally 24 hours before the attack happened.
‘If it had occurred 24 hours earlier, then I would have been there.
‘I guess I’m really lucky, it’s like I have an angel looking after me.’
Speaking of the atmosphere in Nice on Thursday before it happened, he said: ‘Everyone was enjoying Bastille Day and were out celebrating.
‘The sun was shining, the beaches were full and the Promenade was busy. There were families, young teenagers. Everyone seemed to be happy.’
Speaking about being in Paris for the Charlie Hebdo attacks, Robbie said: ‘I’ve had some pretty close calls, I’m like a cat with nine lives.’
But Robbie, a frequent traveller, said the attacks have not deterred him.
He added: ‘I’m either brave, foolish or a bit of both but you can’t let things like this affect you.
‘I travel around 15 to 20 times a year and I urge others not to be scared of travelling in the light of what has happened in Nice.
‘People should live their lives to the full and not let these incidents stop them from getting out there and doing things.’