Kitchen blaze in Baffins is put out

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS put out a fire in a kitchen.

Fire engines from Cosham went to Burrfields Road, Baffins, at about midday on Saturday to a small blaze in an end-of-terrace house.

A cooker went up in flames after a grill overheated.

The fire took 20 minutes to deal with and the crew used fans to ventilate the house.

Also over the weekend firefighters went to tackle a small fire on a cruiser at Port Solent at about 2pm yesterday. An engine had overheated.