Kitchen blaze in Fareham

Share this article
Cllr Hannah Hockaday

Building work begins on new £3.2m Cosham school

0
Have your say

A WOMAN was saved from a fire after she was woken up by a phone call.

One crew from Fareham was called to Geoffrey Crescent at 1.20pm to a cooker fire.

The woman called 999 when the phone call alerted her to a kitchen fire.

The blaze left her kitchen severely damaged with the rest of the property suffering from smoke damage.

Watch manger Ian Cambridge said: ‘There were no smoke alarms fitted in the house and the woman was lucky she was awoken by her phone.

‘We fitted smoke alarms and would like to highlight how important they are.’