Kitchen fire in Ash Close, Fareham

The bomb squad dealing with a suspicious item in Stanhope Road

Police say man arrested after ‘suspicious object’ found in Stanhope Road student halls in Portsmouth is held under the Explosives Act

0
Have your say

FIRE fighters tackled a kitchen blaze at a house in Ash Close, Fareham, this morning.

The alarm was raised at 1am and three appliances from Fareham fire station were sent to thee scene.

Fire fighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property through the front door.

A fire service spokesman said a search of the house was carried out but no one was in the property.

The blaze is believed to have been caused by a pan left on the stove.

The kitchen suffered extensive fire damage and the rest of the property was smoke damaged.