Kitchen fire in Portsmouth block of flats

Share this article
Police in Middle Street

Second man released in Portsmouth attempted murder investigation

Have your say

A KITCHEN fire forced people to evacuate a block of flats in Sandringham Road, Portsmouth.

Two crews from Southsea fire station were sent to extinguish a small chip pan fire at 2.35pm yesterday.

Around 10 people were evacuated from the block as fire fighters dealt with the incident. There was one person inside the property, according to the fire service.

No one was hurt in the fire, which caused minor smoke damage to the kitchen and stove.