Kitchen fire started in cooker

Share this article
HMS Mersey, in the foreground, escorts the Vishnya class (520) Feodor Golovkin and its Russian task group through the English Channel. Credit: Louise George

Portsmouth patrol ship dispatched to track trio of Russian spy vessels

0
Have your say

A KITCHEN fire at a house in Southsea was caused by a cooker.

Two fire engines were called to a detached house in Waverley Road, Southsea at 9pm last night.

A spokeswoman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: ‘Fire crews were called at 9pm.

‘On arrival they found the cooker on fire in the kitchen.

‘The fire was put out by 9.15pm.’

No one was injured in the incident.

The fire service also said the cause of the minor blaze is not being treated as suspicious.

The fire crews – one from Gosport and another from Hightown – had attended as Southsea crews continued to work at the former Joanna’s nightclub, South Parade, Southsea, that burnt down.

Hightown fire crews remained on standby throughout the night for Southsea.