A BOLT of lightning has struck a house, destroying its chimney.
Firefighters were called to Cross Way, Havant, shortly after 1pm.
The chimney on the property exploded after it was hit by the bolt and debris tumbled down the roof, taking tiles with it.
There was no-one inside the house at the time. Neighbours say the house is being renovated by a couple who were due to move in soon.
Residents said they heard a huge bang.
Jason Berriman, who lives opposite the house in Cross Way, said: ‘We were sitting in the front room and just heard a mnassive bang. The front room lit up like someone was using a flash on a camera. The whole front room was lit up.
‘I looked straight out and could see the chimney smouldering.’
His mother Yvette Berriman said: ‘It frightened me to death. It really frightened us. It sounded like a bomb.’
Firefighters used thermal imaging camera on the roof of the house to see if there was any chance of a fire breaking out.