A MAN has died after he was electrocuted while working on a farm near Chichester.
The 34-year-old, who has been named locally as Alfie Matthews, was airlifted to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, but died.
He was preparing to load hay bales at Pond Farm, in Lye Lane, East Ashling on Saturday when the jib of a crane mounted on a flat-bed truck touched high-voltage electric cables between 25-30ft above the ground, said police.
“This resulted in him being thrown from the cab of the vehicle and caused a power cut affecting some 400 homes in the locality,” said a spokesman.
The coroner has been informed.