Man ill from carbon monoxide poisoning

Emergency services working at the site of the Shoreham air disaster. Picture: Steve Parsons/PA Wire

Shoreham Air disaster pilot pleads not guilty to 11 deaths

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS rescued a man from a house after he was overcome with carbon monoxide fumes.

The man, who is aged around 30, had fallen unconscious in a bedroom of a house in Merrivale Road, Hilsea, on Saturday night.

Paramedics were joined by South Central Ambulance Service’s Hazardous Area Response Team but found they could not get into the property.

Firefighters from Cosham were called at 7.30pm and had to break in.

They found the man breathing but unconscious in the bedroom and took him to waiting paramedics.

He was then transported to Queen Alexandra Hospital, Cosham.

A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said: ‘We were called to assist the ambulance service who said there was a carbon monoxide leak and there was a patient inside.

‘Our crews effected the entry to the building and found the male who was breathing but unconscious at the time. He was then taken to hospital.’

Firefighters used powerful high-pressure ventilators to clear the property of fumes.

Police are not investigating the incident.