Man rescued after fire starts in flat hallway in Portsmouth

Morning weather and travel

Morning weather and travel

Have your say

A MAN was rescued from a block of flats in Buckland last night.

Firefighters from Southsea fire station were called to Sultan Road at 7.45pm after the fire had started in the hallway of a second floor flat.

Firefighters said there was smoke coming from the back window.

They rescued the man through the front of the property.

He was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation and was taken to Queen Alexandra Hospital in Cosham for a check-up.

It’s not yet clear what started the fire but an investigation is now under way.