McDonald's in Gosport evacuated after fire
FIFTY people were evacuated when a blaze after it started in a fryer at a McDonald's restaurant this afternoon.
The fire started at 12.20pm in McDonald’s in High Street, Gosport.
It was put out by a crew from Gosport fire station, who used carbon dioxide canisters, by 1.30pm.
More than 50 people were evacuated.
A spokesman from the fire service praised the staff for their quick action and thorough procedures after the fire started in one of the deep fat fryers.
He said there was minor damage to the store’s equipment.
McDonald’s said it was unlikely the restaurant wouyld reopen today.