STAFF at Bransbury Park Butchers are helping to spread a bit of Christmas cheer.
Every year, the butchers based in Eastney in Portsmouth provides meat to feed up to 100 people at a festive meal on Christmas Day, organised by the Salvation Army.
Now, they are backing The News appeal to help feed the poor, homeless and isolated people across our area this Christmas.
Owner Steve Dean said: ‘There are so many people struggling out there now. We are fortunate with what we have got now.
‘To give a little bit doesn’t take much.
‘It’s important any time of the year but at this time of the year, we all take it for granted.
‘We don’t want to see anyone going without. This way they will get something.
‘I’m very fortunate that I’m going to sit down to a nice hot dinner.
‘I just think it’s right that we do this.
‘I do it because I realise how lucky I am. I know we work hard but we have got good lives.’
Now, Steve is encouraging other people to come forward and make a donation.
‘You have just got to give a bit back sometimes,’ he said.
‘When I hear how some of those people live I realise how lucky we are. A lot of it is no fault of their own.
‘So I don’t mind at all and I will carry on doing it.
‘If we can afford to give a little bit then we should.’
So far, trolleys have been filling up in supermarkets across the area, and food banks have been collecting the items to make up food hampers.
The appeal will run right up until Christmas.
To make a donation, buy one of the items on our shopping list and visit one of our collection points across the area.
We are still looking for more butchers to donate turkeys to the appeal.
To donate please call (01329) 243004.
WHERE YOU CAN DONATE
· Tesco, Crasswell Street
· Tesco, Clement Atlee Way, North Harbour
· Sainsbury’s, Commercial Road
· Sainsbury’s, Fitzherbert Road, Farlington
· Asda, Bridge Shopping Centre, Fratton
· Morrisons, Anchorage Park
· Portsmouth Food Bank, Kings Church, Elm Grove.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 12pm until 2pm
· Morrisons, Lakesmere Road, Horndean
· Asda, Larchwood Avenue, Bedhampton
· Asda, Portland Road, Waterlooville
· Tesco, Solent Road
· Leigh Park Baptist Church, Stockheath Road.
Monday - Thursday from 9am to 12pm
· Asda, Speedfields Park
· Tesco, Quay Street
· Sainsbury’s, Broadcut
· Fareham and Gosport Basics Bank, Aspect House, Westbury Road, Fareham. Open Monday and Friday - 1pm until 3pm, Wednesday 12.30pm until 1.30pm.
· Morrisons, Walpole Road
· Jacobs Well Church, Layton Road, Bridgemary 10am to midday on Tuesdays.
· The News Centre, Hilsea
· Gosport office, 42 High Street, Gosport
· Fareham office, 88 West Street, Fareham
· Havant office, 7 West Strreet, Havant
Alcohol free wine
Box of chocolates
Jar of sauce for chicken
Tin of fruit
Chocolate selection boxes