Neighbour rescues man after kitchen fire alarm

Share this article
DFS in Waterlooville. Photo: Google

Chaos as gang of lads on bikes spray silly string in Waterlooville DFS

Have your say

AN ELDERLY man was rescued from his home during a fire that severely damaged his kitchen.

The man, in his 70s, suffered smoke inhalation in the fire in Station Road, in Drayton, Portsmouth, last night at 8.37pm.

Two appliances from Cosham and one from Havant went to the blaze. They were there until around 10.15pm.

Cosham’s crew manager James Couch, of green watch, said: ‘He had smoke detection, which operated, alerting a neighbour.

‘Something was on the hob. Smoke was coming out the back by the time we got there.

‘He was rescued by his neighbour prior to our attendance.’

The ambulance service sent a crew and an officer to the home.

They checked him over but he was not taken to hospital.