Ornament catches fire in lounge of Paulsgrove home

Flowers laid in tribute outside the multi-storey car park on Osborn Road, Fareham

Flowers for boy who died near car park

0
Have your say

A FIRE had to be put out by a family after an ornament ignited in a lounge.

The barometer, which includes floating balls full of oil, was on a gas fire and overheated at the home in Leith Avenue, Paulsgrove.

A crew from Cosham fire station were called out at about 5.45pm yesterday.

Watch manager Andy Marsh said: ‘They were alert to it and put the fire out before we arrived. There was very little damage. It was just the broken ornament.’