Oven caused a Portsmouth house fire

Portsmouth City Council has debunked claims that its energy bills are costing both the taxpayer and the environment too much

Survey lays bare cost of fuelling councils

Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a fire in a flat after an oven burst into flames.

The fire was already out when two crews from Southsea arrived at the flat on Foster Road, Landport, at 7.45pm on Tuesday.

No-one was hurt in the incident.

A crew from Southsea was also called to a small fire in the open at 6.45pm on Tuesday.

Firefighters are unsure how the fire in Kingston Park, St Mary’s Road, Kingston, started.

No-one was injured as a result of the incident.