Paulsgrove kitchen fire sparks alert

Share this article
Beachbuggin on Southsea Common. Picture: Allan Hutchings

Organisers of Southsea BeachBuggin’ hope to resurrect event

0
Have your say

SMOULDERING plastic caused a kitchen fire.

Firefighters were called to a semi-detached house in Elkstone Road, Paulsgrove, at 10pm on Saturday.

A plastic recycling tub had caught light after being placed on a hob that had not cooled down.

The occupier had tried to put out the fire with water, which caused steam.

Firefighters from Cosham put out the fire by 10.45pm.