Pensioner suffers smoke inhalation in Portsmouth fire

A strike by firefighters has been called off
A strike by firefighters has been called off

LETTER OF THE DAY: Underlying the housing crisis is the rocketing price of building land

0
Have your say

A PENSIONER was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out on a hob in her kitchen.

The incident in Station Road, Drayton, Portsmouth, happened at about 4.50pm yesterday.

Two trucks from Cosham and one from Havant attended.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went in and led the woman to safety.

An ambulance turned up and medics checked over the woman.

No substantial damage was caused to the property.