Firefighters called to Gosport home after blazing pasties spark alarm

BLAZING pasties in a cooker sparked a call out from firefighters.

Friday, 19th April 2019, 1:35 pm
Updated Monday, 22nd April 2019, 4:58 pm
Fire crews were called to Gosport

Two crews from Gosport fire station were scrambled yesterday afternoon to a property in Inverness Road, Gosport.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

It came after a pair of pasties caught fire in an oven inside the kitchen of the property. The charred pastry goods had been left to cook for too long, setting off a smoke alarm, Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said.

The blaze was out by the time firefighters arrived at 1.22pm. Officers helped to ventilate the property before leaving at 1.31pm. The second crew was stood down before arriving.