Havant police to board up property over concerns about drugs and anti-social behaviour

POLICE have secured a closure order for a property after months of concerns about suspected drug activity and anti-social behaviour.

Friday, 19th November 2021, 8:48 pm
Updated Saturday, 20th November 2021, 9:13 am

The Havant Neighbourhood Policing Team, working with a housing association in the area, has secured a closure order for an address in Rowan Road, in Denvilles, Havant

It means that nobody will be allowed to enter or remain at the address for three months from December 2.

Anyone doing so will be committing a criminal offence and can be arrested.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Police issued a closure order on a property in Havant. Stock Picture: Habibur Rahman

Police will board-up and secure the property once the order comes into effect.

Read More

Read More
Portsmouth street artist My Dog Sighs launches new book about Inside art exhibit...

Hampshire Constabulary applied to magistrates’ court for the order to address concerns around suspected drugs activity and anti-social behaviour, said PC Andrew Cullen.

The officer said: ‘We’ve taken this step having received a number of reports in recent months about anti-social behaviour and suspected drugs activity at the address.

‘The activities of those living and visiting this address have had an enormous impact on the local community which is why we worked in partnership with the relevant housing association to take action.

‘We would like to thank the local community for their help and patience while we worked with partners to gather the evidence needed to secure this order.

‘These types of closures are never simple as it ultimately means someone is moved out of their home, however support will always be afforded to those that seek it and look to change their behaviours.’

Anyone concerned about anti-social and criminal behaviour where they live should contact their neighbourhood policing team on 101 or via the Hampshire Constabulary website.

Complaints surrounding neighbours should be directed at an area’s housing officer, while noise complaints should be handled by the respective council.

A message from the Editor, Mark Waldron

You can subscribe here for unlimited access to our online coverage, including Pompey, for 26p a day.