THIS timeline shows the tragic series of events that led to missing Fareham man Karl Law’s body being found in Prague.
The 35-year-old builder’s funeral was held at St John’s Church in Fareham yesterday.
- November 14 - Stag party flies out to Prague to celebrate the coming marriage of Lee Cross.
- November 15 - Karl Law is seen for the last time around midnight outside a bar.
- November 16 - The rest of the stag party realise Karl has not returned to the hotel. This is reported to Czech police.
- November 17 - Members of the stag party fly home while Karl’s brother Craig and cousin Steve Stock stay and search.
Karl misses his son Lenny’s third birthday.
- November 18 - Family members fly in to Prague to join the search. The British Embassy offers consular assistance.
Dozens of family and friends gather at a fundraising night at the Hoeford Inn, Fareham.
- November 19 - Family members make their first television appeal on Czech news.
- November 20 - Lee speaks of his frustration at an apparent lack of help from Czech police.
- November 21 - More than 250 people gather at Hill Park Memorial Working Men’s Club, in Highlands Road, Fareham, for a further fundraiser.
- November 25 - A private detective is hired to help Karl’s family in the search around the city. Previously the most recent sighting was in the early hours of Sunday, November 17.
- November 27 - Searchers’ hopes are raised again when a German man who works with homeless people tells them he is 100 per cent certain’ he saw Karl on November 23.
- November 30 - Karl’s cousin Steve Stock discovers a body during a search in an industrial area of the city. It is not Karl, but a Czech national.
- December 4 - Karl’s 35th birthday.
- December 7 - A body is found in a river in Prague.
- December 8 - It is confirmed that the body found in the Vltava river is Karl.