Portchester kitchen left badly damaged after fire started by 'faulty equipment'
A KITCHEN was badly damaged last night after a fire thought to have started after an electrical fault.
Crews from Portchester and Cosham were called to the blaze at a residential property in The Leaway at about 11.45pm on Thursday.
A spokesman for Cosham Fire Station said the fire was contained to the home’s kitchen but left it badly damaged.
The cause of the fire is not yet known but it is suspected to have started because of ‘faulty equipment’, the spokesman said.
Occupants of the property were outside waiting for firefighters when they arrived.
Crews used two breathing apparatus as they put the blaze out.
They left the scene at about 12.30am today (Friday, April 3).
The affected property is located just a minute away from Portchester Fire Station, which is in Kelvin Grove.