Here’s our pick of things to do as the sun blazes down on Portsmouth.
1. Take the kids to the splash pool at Hilsea Lido for a good cool-down - it’s open until 6pm for children aged 8 or under.
2. Check out the view from Portsdown Hill - you can see the whole city bathed in sunshine.
3. Enjoy the al fresco mixture of jazz, blues and world music in the Guildhall Square from 5pm until 8pm. Tapas and drinks will be available.
4. Go to the top of the Spinnaker Tower from where you can see for miles and miles.
5. Take a stroll along Southsea seafront to watch the ships as they sail by - and enjoy the cooling Solent breeze.
6. Visit one of Portsmouth’s many parks and enjoy nature in the city.
7. Take a boat ride round the harbour at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
8. Take a walk along one of the many recognised routes in the area.
9. Treat yourself to a large ice cream with all the toppings - and start the diet tomorrow!
10. Savour a cool drink outside one of the city’s pubs.
Enjoy! And if you have any other suggestions, please add a comment to this story. Oh, and when out in the sun, always make sure you follow good health advice.