Person led to safety from Southsea flat fire

Share this article

Hampshire schools warned after fraudsters steal up to £10,000 in email scam

Have your say

ONE person has been led to safety after a fire in a Southsea flat.

Four fire engines - three from Southsea fire station and one from Cosham - were called to a blaze in St Edwards Road last night at 12.26am after a call from residents.

The fire started in a bedroom inside a ground floor flat and was put out by 1.48am.

One person was taken to hospital with slight smoke inhalation and five other residents had to leave the property while firefighters tackled the blaze.