Person rescued from fire at Southsea block of flats

Have your say

A PERSON was rescued from a fire at a block of flats and three women treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were called to the three-storey block in Auckland Road West, Southsea, at 4.15pm.

Three women in their 20s were given first aid for smoke inhalation and the blaze is now out a Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said.

He added it was an electrical fire.

The electricity board are at the scene to isolate the power.

Three appliances from Southsea attended, along with specialist units from Eastleigh and Rushmoor.